Volunteer with Friends of Cleveland
Volunteers have an enormous impact on our school.
We welcome and encourage you to donate your time or expertise to help Cleveland Elementary School faculty, administration, students and families.
There are many ways you can help. We can always find things you can do to contribute.
We have many committees, projects, and initiatives to help Friends of Cleveland meet it’s goals.
Friends of Cleveland will be auctioning off class art projects at the Celebrate Cleveland Auction in March. We are looking for one parent per grade to help prep, help students make and finalize each grade’s art project. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping!
IMPORTANT: CPS Volunteer Policy
CPS now requires all volunteers to follow a few quick steps to be registered as official volunteers through the CPS online process. All event volunteers, classroom helpers, field trip chaperones and guest readers must be registered.
Join us in the teachers’ break room to stuff black folders with important information to go home to Cleveland families.
Room parents help teachers with regular communication regarding their classroom, school events, closures, Friends of Cleveland meetings and the School Council. They help connect parents and families with teachers and classroom.
If you’re interested in becoming or supporting Cleveland’s room parent program, please get in touch.
Family Involvement Committee
- Develop and execute events for families (Family Fun Night, Donuts with Dad, Popcorn Pickup, Craft Night, etc)
- Manage Homeroom Parents outreach and activities
Staff Appreciation Committee
- Develop and delivery staff appreciation treats monthly
- Execute annual luncheon for staff
- Organize Teacher Appreciation week events
- Manage BoxTops label collection, counting, redemption
- Setup monthly Dine Out & Give Back events
- Maintain bank accounts
- Prepare monthly treasurer’s report
- Establish and maintain budget based on recommendations
- Assure proper forms are used and procedures followed
- Application and annual filings for 501(c)3 status
- Oversee annual audit of financial records
- Develop and maintain membership record
- Create monthly newsletter
- Manage social media accounts
- Create publicity for events and programs
- Flyers, banners, email, media outlets
Would you like to volunteer?
Email us a email@example.com or find us on Facebook.